Saturday, January 29, 2011

Japanmas Eve

In about 7 hours I'll be getting on a plane to go to Japan. 17 hours later I'll actually be there. Sounds like waiting in line at the DMV. I feel like I'm about to step into a surreal world, wherein every comfort I know will be gone and I'll be in a foreign dimension where I have the vocabulary of a 2-year-old. I've worked really hard to get to level 2, guys, really, don't take this away from me.

All the work is done. All my dues are paid. My bags are packed and I'm ready to go. Sayoonara!

The departure process has been really positive. Seeing friends this week was edifying. To those of you who've showed your support in various ways, thank you. I obviously wouldn't even be to this point without you. Did I feel the love when you wished me well? SO many times, yes! I pray that in the next three months you will see the fruits of our labor.

Oh, and by the way, we have now raised well over $3000 toward my internship, which means I won't be returning emaciated anymore. If $3000 came in this soon, $6000 should be a cakewalk. Good job you guys!! Give yourselves a huge pat on the back. Treat yourself to an ice cream cone this week... I know I would. I have too many people to thank to do it here. You'll all have to wait until (what will probably be) next year when I slowly and laboriously write thank you cards (I'm hoping Dec. 2012 comes first.. muahhaha). Nonetheless, seriously, I am REALLY grateful.

The truth is, nothing is left to be said. I'm happy. I'm nervous. I'm excited. You all have done more than could ever be asked of you, and have proven that I have the greatest friends. And to Paul, Nancy, and Naomi, I must say I cannot wait to get to know you like I will.

Well kids.. see you in a few months. I'll try not to post too many pictures of REAL, FRESH SUSHI for you to look at, but no promises (you know how I get).. To my new family, nice to meet you!

Michael out.

=) <3 =)

P.S. I hope I don't fall in love with (and marry) a body pillow while I'm over there.
(See 30 Rock, Season 3, Ep. 9)

1 comment:

  1. If you're still looking to be a part of this financially, please send me an email at flashgordon20x6@gmail.com.. I promise I will get back to you on how you can do that ASAP. Thanks everyone! I love you all.
    -Michael

    ReplyDelete