Monday, December 27, 2010

Late December Update

Friends and loved ones,

December has been a very successful month for me, both personally AND toward Japan. It has been a time of reconnecting with estranged friends and family. My dear friends Lance, Amy, and Kelsey returned home in early Dec. after a three month absence. At the same time, I've had the wonderful privilege of reconnecting with my cousin Jacob after a decade of radio silence.

It was so brilliant to see my cousin after a decade and realize the ways we've grown together over a great distance. I've always felt like I didn't know my extended family, since I have always been the younger cousin, but speaking now as adults is incredibly rewarding. Last summer, I had my brother's wedding AND a reunion to see my relatives again, and the more of them I meet, the more connected I feel to my family and the big picture. I want my life to involve more connectedness from now on...

God has also blessed me this month with friends who are both supportive and generous, even though it's the holiday season and (let's face it), who REALLY feels generous this time of year? Only by faith. I've been  overwhelmed by friends who've stepped forward to help. So far, about $1200 has been raised toward Japan.

But not all gifts are financial. Just this Christmas, my loving/wonderful girlfriend, Alysondra, gave me some (MUCH NEEDED) new shoes to wear, which will no longer make me look like a homeless man. Even more, I have a camera to take with me now, thanks to the generous contribution of Mark and Stacy Hennings.. to one, to all, thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am incredibly psyched coming off this month to see what God will do in January. I am meeting with the elders from Grace Chapel and Rosemont Alliance in the coming weeks, and the number of people who have chosen to support me keeps increasing. Praise Jesus.


Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment